db's Annual Black History Month TV Schedule: BHM TV: INTRODUCTION

Sunday, January 28, 2007

BHM TV: INTRODUCTION

You can find the 2011 version of the Black History Month TV Schedule here

Black History Month 2009 TV Schedule


Happy Black History Month!!! & Welcome to the 10th edition of The Black History Month Television Schedule.

Note that all times are EST and some shows/times are specific to NYC so be sure to check your local listings. Also check the TV listing for additional air dates of many of these shows. Be sure to set your TIVOs/DVRs/VCRs (do people still use these?) as many of the programs come on early in the morning. Use the calendar on the right to navigate the site (ignore the days and use the dates, I will update if i get a chance).

Honestly I was so busy witnessing Black History (American History) and trying to make some memories of my own that I almost forgot about doing this ... but you can't neglect your history! I continue to marvel at what my people were able to accomplish under much harsher circumstances than I will ever comprehend and it motivates me to make it happen. We also can't be prisoners to our history. We have to dare and dream bigger. Last BHM I could not have imagined what I would witness over the next 12 months.

The site is still a work in progress and I will be constantly updating as more info becomes available so check back frequently.

One would think that putting this would be getting easier with the internet and all. Not So. Because of the internet people can wait until the last minute to publish their schedules. Its seems like many channels are pushing their BHM programming to thier digital counterparts. TV One has really stepped their game up I continue to be impressed with their efforts if not always their execution. The other channel that shall remain nameless is bringing a bunch of straight to DVD movies and recycled programming and has got to do better.

Be sure to leave your thoughts about the shows in the comments and if there are any must sees that I have missed please email me @ rdaniellebailey@gmail.com

peace
db

Aluta Continua!


CLIP OF THE DAY

The Soup -- Black History Month


So Funny, So True and So Sad ...

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you (to infinity). I really appreciate what you shared. I send this to all my friends and family

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger wordgirl said...

you know i LOVE this! thanks for doing it up again. did you hear about the layoffs at depot?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger db said...

yeah i heard about the lay offs but none of the articles I read were specific about which areas were effected - IT, Finance, Store Ops? The effects of this subprime housing mess are just starting to be seen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home